An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) provides authorisation to travel to and enter Australia and is electronically linked to your passport. It is issued for short term stays for tourism/business visitor activities.
To apply for an ETA online through Global Singapore website, you must be a holder of a passport from one of the following countries:
- Brunei – Darussalam
- Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
- Republic of Korea
If you do not hold a passport from any of the above countries or regions, you do not qualify to apply for an ETA.
- To apply for an ETA online, you must be outside Australia and intend to visit for tourism or business visitor activities;
- You can enter Australia as many times as you want during a 12 months’ period from the date the ETA is granted or until the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier;
- You can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit;
- You are not eligible to work in Australia. You can undertake business visitor activities (undertaking of business enquiries and contractual negotiations, and attending conferences);
- You must not study for more than three months;
- You must be free from tuberculosis;
- You must not have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not the sentence/s were served.
- The consulate fee of the Australian High Commission is 20 AUD (approx. 21 SGD);
- Global Singapore’s processing fee is 50 SGD.
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
ETA processing takes 1 to 2 working days after a full payment has been received if there are no complications.