A visitor visa to Japan is granted to passengers travelling to Japan for a short-term stay for the purpose of tourism (sightseeing, visiting friends and relatives, leisure) or business (business talks, after-sales service for machinery imported into Japan), medical check-up and medical treatment.
Temporary visit visa can be issued as a single-entry (3 months validity) or double-entry (6 months validity) visa.
- Completed Japanese visa application form. Refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. You must have at least two empty pages in your passport for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for non-Singaporean passport holders (EP, PR, DP, S-Pass). PR holders must also present a Re-entry Permit. If you are a holder of a new type of long-term employment pass which shows a QR code instead of an expiry date you must provide a printout of the expiry status. You can get it via the Ministry of Manpower’s free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play). This printout must show the current date and confirm that the work pass is valid.
- Copy of an inbound and outbound tickets to Japan (that include the the airline 6-letter booking reference) showing that the applicant is departing from and terminating in Singapore. If you are applying for a double-entry visa, you will need to submit a copy of the flight itinerary showing 2 round trips to Japan within the next 6 months.
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s employer or school/university (for students) in Singapore. Refer to the example of a school/company letter.
- For applicants travelling to Japan for non-official purposes (tourism), a bank statement showing the transactions for the last 3 months. The minimum amount required for a visa application is 3,000 SGD.
- For Russian passport holders and holders of passports of CIS countries, 2 completed application forms and 2 photographs are required.
- For a domestic helper’s’s visa, domestic helper has to apply in person at the consulate together with her employer.
- Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
If an applicant has a financial sponsor who is responsible for their stay in Japan, the following documents have to be submitted:
- Letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of relationship (marriage/birth certificate).
- Other requirements of sponsor (a sponsor should submit a copy of the last month’s bank statement, copy of their passport and a residence card).
* Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Fees for a visitor visa to Japan
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
There is a visa fee waiver for passengers travelling to Okinawa!
Normally, visa processing takes 5 working days after lodgement of the documents to the Consulate. However, in some cases where referral to the government office is required, the processing time can be extended up to 1 or 2 months. Therefore, we advise you to start planning your trip in advance.
Urgent or express service is not available with the Consulate of Japan.