A social visa to Malaysia is granted to foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia for tourist, social, business or government-to-government matters. It is normally valid for a single entry valid for 14 days (for tourists applying in Singapore) or multiple entries with up to 1 year’s validity for EP, DP, Spass, Student pass, Long-Term Pass, WP, and PR holders.
- Completed and signed Malaysian visa application form. The form must be printed out as a double-sided document.
- One recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office. Both ears and the forehead must be visible. Photos of new born babies in the passport must be updated after the child turns 2. A single-entry visa will be issued once upon submission if the photo is not updated.
- Original passport with at least 9 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. One blank page should be available for stamping the visa.
- Copy (front and back) of a Residence Permit for non-Singaporean passport holders (EP, PR, DP, S-Pass). The validity of the permit must be over 3 months. If you are a holder of a new type of long-term employment pass which shows a QR code instead of an expiry date you must provide a printout of the expiry status. You can get it via the Ministry of Manpower’s free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play). This printout must show the current date and confirm that the work pass is valid;
- Copy of a re-entry permit for Permanent Residence holders.
- For tourists to Singapore, a copy (front and back) of the IMM27E disembarkation card, inbound and return tickets to home country and a visa if returning via a third country (if required).
- A Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from all visitors coming from or going to/through Yellow fever endemic countries.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
* Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Fees for a social visa to Malaysia:
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
- Normally, visa processing takes 4 working days after lodgement of the documents to the Embassy.