A transit visa to Thailand is issued to applicants who wish to travel in transit through Thailand in order to proceed to the next country of destination. Travellers coming to Thailand with this type of visa can stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- Completed and signed Thai visa application form.
- One recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. You must have at least two empty pages in your passport for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for non-Singaporean passport holders (EP, PR, DP, S-Pass). If you are a holder of a new type of long-term employment pass which shows a QR code instead of an expiry date you must provide a printout of the expiry status. You can get it via the Ministry of Manpower’s free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play). This printout must show the current date and confirm that the work pass is valid.
- Copy of inbound and outbound tickets.
- Evidence of adequate finance ($10,000 per person and $20,000 per family).
- Visa to a third country in a passport or travel document.
- Letter of invitation stating the applicant’s participation in sports activities in the Kingdom.
- Completed Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
- Nationals of Nigeria must provide 2 application forms and 2 photos.
- Nationals of Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria and Yemen must provide 3 application forms and 3 photos.
- Nationals of China, Iran and North Korea must provide 4 application forms and 4 photos.
* Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Fees for a transit visa to Thailand:
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
- Normally, visa processing takes 3-5 working days after the lodgement of the documents to the Embassy. However, in some cases, the processing time can take up to 10 days. Therefore, we advise you to start planning your trip in advance.