A USA Electronic System For Travel Authorisation (ESTA) is similar to a visa, but no stamp is affixed in your passport. When the ESTA is issued it is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires and will allow multiple entries into the USA.
Passport holders from the participating countries of the Visa Waiver Program can visit the United States for a stay of up to 90 days for tourism, business, medical purposes and recreational studies by applying for an ESTA.
If your ESTA is approved you are entitled to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program. An approved ESTA does not guarantee admission to the USA, it will be determined by the officers at the point of entry. If your ESTA is not approved you are not entitled to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program. You may be able to obtain a visa from the USA Consulate.
Eligibility to apply for ESTA:
- You can apply for an ESTA no less than 72 hours before the arrival date;
- You must hold a return/onward tickets with a major airlines or cruise company that is registered for ESTA;
- You will not be staying for more than 90 days, including Canada, Caribbean Islands or Mexico;
- You have no previous violations of the USA Immigration Law (e.g. overstaying the allowed 90 days’ period).
Who cannot apply for ESTA:
- US citizens who hold dual nationality with a country in the Visa Waiver Program are not required to apply for an ESTA. You can use your US passport to enter the USA;
- Citizens of Visa Waiver Program countries who have travelled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011;
- Citizens of the Visa Waiver Program countries who are also a citizen of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen are not eligible for an ESTA;
- If you do not have a passport containing an integrated chip and displaying the universal e-passport symbol on the front cover.
Who can apply:
You will be able to apply under the Visa Waiver Program if you are a citizen of one of the Visa Waiver Program countries as follows:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Republic of Malta
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Fees and Processing time:
- ESTA processing takes up to 3-4 days after a full payment has been received excluding the submission day.;
- The processing fee is 55.00 USD.
If you have already completed the application form earlier and just want to make a payment, please proceed to the USA ESTA payment page.