A multiple-entry business visa to Japan is granted for individuals travelling to Japan for business purposes such as business talks, contract signing, after-sales service for machinery imported into Japan, etc.
In order to be able to apply for a multiple-entry visa, an applicant should meet the following requirements:
They are a passport holder of a one of countries from Near Middle East, Asia Pacific, East Central Africa, Europe and Latin America and have been holding a top-management position for a period of at least 1 year in a company, profile of which suites to one of the criteria below:
- A public listed enterprise (on the Stock Exchange of Singapore, Japan or another country);
- A national (state-owned) enterprise;
- A joint venture with a public listed enterprise in Japan;
- A company that has frequent trading with a public listed enterprise in Japan;
- A company that is a member of the local Japanese Chamber of Commerce with an operational base or contact address in Japan.
Spouses or children of applicants who meet the criteria above are eligible to apply for a multiple-entry visa to Japan as well.
A business visa to Japan usually is issued for a period from 1 to 5 years. The validity of the visa granted will depend on the applicant’s nationality, type of passport, purpose of visit and travel history.
- Completed Japanese visa application form. Please refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. You must have at least two empty pages in your passport for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for non-Singaporean passport holders (EP, PR, DP, S-Pass). PR holders must also present a Re-entry Permit. If you are a holder of a new type of long-term employment pass which shows a QR code instead of an expiry date you must provide a printout of the expiry status. You can get it via the Ministry of Manpower’s free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play). This printout must show the current date and confirm that the work pass is valid.
- Copy of an inbound and outbound tickets to/from Japan (that include the the airline 6-letter booking reference) showing that the applicant is departing from and terminating in Singapore. If you are applying for a double-entry visa, you will need to submit a copy of the flight itinerary showing 2 round trips to Japan within the next 6 months.
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s employer in Singapore. Please refer to the example of a school/company letter.
- A letter of invitation from Japan. The letter should be addressed to the embassy and contain detailed information of the applicant, information on the visit including dates of arrival and departure, places that will be visited, etc. and detailed information on the inviting party (with name, address, phone, company stamp and signature).
- Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
* For Russian and CIS passport holders, 2 completed application forms and 2 photographs are required.
* Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Fees for a business visa to Japan
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
Normally, visa processing takes 5 working days after lodgement of the documents to the Consulate. However, in some cases where one of the government offices referral is required, the processing time can be extended up to 1 or 2 months. Therefore, we advise you to start planning your trip in advance.
Urgent or express service is not available with the Consulate of Japan.