The e-visa to India is valid for 60 days from the date of entry into India. It can be used for tourist, business or medical purposes. E-visa can be applied a minimum 4 days in advance before the date of arrival to India with a window of 120 days. An applicant can only apply for the e-visa twice in a calendar year and is not entitled to an extension of stay.
A tourist and business e-visa to India allows double entries. A medical e-visa allows triple entries.
E-Visa is valid for entry through 24 designated airports and 3 designated seaports in India:
- Cochin Seaport
- Goa Seaport
- Mangalore Seaport
Eligibility to apply for an e-visa to India:
- Passport must have validity of at least six months from the date of arrival in India with two blank pages for stamping.
- You will require to upload a passport bio page copy in PDF format during application.
- You will require to upload a copy of a letter from hospital (for the medical e-visa) in PDF format during application.
- You will require to upload a copy of a business card (for the business e-visa) in PDF format during application.
- You will require to upload one recent (within 6 months) passport size photograph (2×2) taken on a white background (face front, no spectacles, no shadows on face or background) in JPG format
- You will require to upload a copy of previous Indian visa in PDF format during application.
- Applicants who are endorsed on parents or spouse passport will not be able to apply.
Who can apply:
To apply for an e-visa to India online, you must be a holder of a passport from one of the following countries:
- Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan
- Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi
- Cambodia, Cameron Union Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China – SAR Hongkong, China – SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic
- Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia
- Fiji, Finland, France
- Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana
- Haiti, Honduras, Hungary
- Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy
- Jamaica, Japan, Jordan
- Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati
- Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
- Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar
- Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger Republic, Niue Island, Norway
- Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal
- Republic of Korea, Romania, Russia, Rwanda
- Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland
- Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu
- Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, Uzbekistan
- Vanuatu, Vatican City – Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam
- Zambia, Zimbabwe
The following passport holders are not eligible for an e-visa:
- Pakistan passport holders or applicant with Pakistani origin.
- Diplomatic passport, Official passport, Laissez-passer travel document and International Travel document holders (temporary passport holders).
- Applicants who are endorsed on parent’s or spouse’s passport.
Fees and Processing time:
E-visa processing takes 2 to 3 working days after a full payment has been received excluding the submission day.
To find out the application fee, please, select your nationality in the following list.