A tourist visa to Taiwan is granted for the purpose of tourism and leisure or visiting relatives in Taiwan and is applicable for intended stay of more than 30 days but less than 6 months.
Please note, nationals of People’s Republic of China and Sri Lanka must submit their application to the consulate in person.
- General visa application form. All visa applications must be applied using an online visa form only. Should you need help, please refer to the application help guide;
- 2 recent passport-size colour photographs on a white background – can be arranged in our office;
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. Minimum two blank pages should be available for stamping the visa;
- Copy of a passport biopage;
- Copy of a Residence permit for non-Singaporean passport holders (EP, PR, DP, S-Pass, WP). PR holders must also present a Re-entry Permit. If you are a holder of a new type of long-term employment pass which shows a QR code instead of an expiry date you must provide a printout of the expiry status. You can get it via the Ministry of Manpower’s free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play). This printout must show the current date and confirm that the work pass is valid;
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s employer;
- Proof of sufficient funds ( bank account statement/passbook or letter from the current employer);
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
- For tourism, a proof of purchase of tour package and the tour itinerary; OR
- For visiting relatives, a proof of relationship between an applicant and a relative in Taiwan (birth certificate or Taiwan resident household certificate) and photocopy of the relative’s passport, a resident status in Taiwan (identity card, Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)), and an invitation letter from a relative;
- For applicants who are former nationals of the Peoples’ Republic of China (PRC), documents that can prove that you have left PRC for a duration of 4 years and more;
- For Myanmar passport holders (only WP or S-Pass holders), a letter of guarantee from the person in Taiwan;
- For domestic helpers, a letter of guarantee from the employer.
- The consulate fee of the Taiwanese Consulate:
- single entry tourist visa: normal service is S$65; urgent service is S$98;
- multiple-entry tourist visa: normal service is S$129; urgent service is S$194.
- Reciprocal handling fee is S$210 (for US passport holders only);
- Fax fee of the Taiwanese Consulate is S$6;
- Our processing fee is S$65.
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
- Visa processing time for normal service is 2 working days after the lodgement of the documents to the Consulate.
- Visa processing time for urgent service is 1 working day after the lodgement of the documents to the Consulate.
For special cases and when concurrence is required from the ROC’s (Taiwan’s) Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), processing time will depend on the time taken by the MOFA to complete verification and approval.