Citizens of 18 countries may be granted a Russian e-visa to Far Eastern Federal District and citizens of 53 countries may be granted a Russian e-visa to Kaliningrad Oblast and Saint-Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast.
An e-visa is valid for entry into and exit from the Russian Federation only through the following state border crossing points of the Russian Federation located in the territory of Kaliningrad Oblast and Far Eastern Federal District:
- Air checkpoints: Anadyr (Ugolny), Blagoveshchensk, Chita (Kadala), Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo), Khabarovsk (Novy Airport), Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Yelizovo), Pulkovo, Vladivostok (Knevichi), Ulan-Ude (Muhino), Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo).
- Maritime checkpoints: Big port Saint Petersburg (Marine Station), Kaliningrad (checkpoints in the cities of Kaliningrad, Baltiysk and Svetly), Korsakov, Passenger port Saint Petersburg, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Posyet, Vladivostok, Vysotsk, Zarubino.
- Railway checkpoints: Khasan, Mamonovo, Makhalino, Pogranichny, Sovetsk.
- Road checkpoints: Bagrationovsk, Brusnitchnoe, Chernyshevskoye, Gusev, Ivangorod, Mamontovo (Gronowo), Mamontovo (Grzechotki), Morskoje, Pogranichny, Poltavka, Sovetsk, Svetogorsk, Torfjanovka,Turiy Rog.
- Pedestrian checkpoints: Ivangorod.
Foreign citizens should leave the territory of Russia only through checkpoints of the constituent entity of Russia which they entered.
E-visa is a single-entry visa and issued for 30 days from the date of its issuance. The permitted stay in Russia with an e-visa is up to 8 days starting from midnight (00:00) of the date of entry, within its validity period. E-visa’s validity and/or the permitted stay under it cannot be extended.
A Russian e-visa can be of the following categories only: ordinary business visa (purpose of journey is business), ordinary tourist visa (purpose of journey is tourism), and ordinary humanitarian visa (purpose of journey is sports, cultural, scientific and technological ties). If the purpose of your journey to Russia does not correspond to any of the above, you should apply for a traditional (non-electronic) visa.
Eligibility to apply for a Russian e-visa:
- You can fill in an application form for an e-visa not earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of entry into the Russian Federation.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date you applied for an e-visa with free space for border crossing stamps.
- Medical insurance valid in Russia for the entire period of stay.
- Your digital colour photo in the JPEG format (see requirement in the online application form).
- No invitations, hotel booking confirmations nor any other documents that confirm the purpose of your journey to Russia are required.
- Surname and given name(s) of the applicant are required. If the applicant does not have a surname or a first name(s) the e-visa application cannot be accepted for processing. In this case, it is necessary to apply for a traditional (non-electronic) visa.
- Day, month and year of the applicant’s date of birth must be all known. If the date of birth of the applicant is unknown or partially unknown, the e-visa application cannot be accepted for processing. In this case, it is necessary to apply for a traditional (non-electronic) visa.
- If the applicant is assumed to be accompanied by minors who are endorsed in their passport, an individual e-visa application form must be submitted for each child. All the minors who accompany their parents must have an individual e-visa.
Who can apply:
To apply for a Russian e-visa, you must be a holder of a passport from one of the following countries:
- China (PRC)
- North Korea (DPRK)
- Saudi Arabia
- The United Arab Emirates
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- North Korea (DPRK)
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
Fees and Processing time for a Russian e-visa:
- Russian e-visa processing takes up to 4 working days after a full payment has been received excluding the submission day.
- Processing fee is 35.00 USD.
Smoovpay allows you to make a payment with the majority of debit and credit cards without the need to register. Visa or MasterCard can be used to make payments through SmoovPay. Debit cards displaying a MasterCard, Visa logo are accepted, too.
- In the corresponding dropdown, select the number of e-visa applications you are paying for.
- You will be forwarded to the secure payment page. Here you will be able to pay for your order with a credit card.
- If your country is not listed in the Mobile Number drop-down, please, select “+999(XX)”.
- If when making a payment, you are specifying an email address different to the one used in the submitted application, please, let us know who you are paying for by sending a separate email so that we could match the submitted application with the payment made and start the Russian e-visa application process without delays.
Please note: An additional 5% will be added to the total amount as this is what we are being charged by the banks for transactions.
* Notification of e-visa grant does not guarantee your entry into the Russian Federation. You can be denied entry at a border crossing point should the circumstances referred to in Federal Law No. 114 FZ “On the Procedure of Exit from the Russian Federation and Entry into the Russian Federation” of August 15, 1996 arise.
** The information given in your application must be complete and accurate. Any incorrect information, including passport details, may result in refusal of a visa or cancellation of a visa previously issued at the State border crossing points of the Russian Federation.