Required documents for a tourist visa to Japan
- Completed Japanese visa application form. Refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa and with two empty pages for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for EP, PR, DP and S-Pass holders or Re-entry Permit for PR holders. For a new employment pass with a QR code instead of an expiry date, you must provide a printout of the validity and expiry status which can be obtained with a free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play).
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s employer or school/university (for students) in Singapore. Refer to the example of a school/company letter.
- For the multiple-entry visa, a Multiple entry request form.
- Bank statements showing the transactions for the last 2 months. The minimum amount required for a visa application is 3,000 SGD. OR a certificate of income or tax payment issued by a public agency.
- A daily itinerary in Japan. Please, refer to the Japanese itinerary example on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- For Russian passport holders and holders of passports of CIS countries, 2 completed application forms and 2 photographs are required.
- Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
If an applicant has a financial sponsor who is responsible for their stay in Japan, the following documents have to be submitted:
- Letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of relationship (copy of a marriage/birth certificate).
- Other requirements of sponsor (a sponsor should submit a copy of the last month’s bank statement, copy of their passport and a residence card).
- Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.