Required documents for a tourist visa to Japan
- Completed Japanese visa application form. Refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan. The form must be signed by hand (wet signature in blue ink).
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa and with two empty pages for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for EP, PR, DP and S-Pass holders or Re-entry Permit for PR holders. For a new employment pass with a QR code instead of an expiry date, you must provide a printout of the validity and expiry status which can be obtained with a free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play).
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s employer or school/university (for students) in Singapore issued within the last 1 month. Refer to the example of a school/company letter. Or a Business Registration Profile from ACRA issued within the last 3 months.
- For the multiple-entry visa, a Multiple entry request form.
- For the multiple-entry visa, a IRAS tax return statement.
- Bank statements showing the transactions for the last 2 months. The minimum amount required for a visa application is 3,000 SGD. OR a certificate of income or tax payment issued by a public agency.
- A daily itinerary in Japan. Please, refer to the Japanese itinerary example on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- For Russian passport holders and holders of passports of CIS countries, 2 completed application forms and 2 photographs are required.
- Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
- Document checklist.
If an applicant is a retiree, unemployed, homemaker, student or minor, the following documents have to be submitted:
- Letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of relationship (copy of a marriage/birth certificate).
- Other requirements of sponsor (a sponsor should submit a copy of the last month’s bank statement, copy of their passport and a residence card).
- Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.