Required documents for a tourist visa to Japan
- Completed Japanese visa application form. Refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa and with two empty pages for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for EP, PR, DP and S-Pass holders or a copy of a landing card for short-term visitors (less than 90 days) to Singapore or Re-entry Permit for PR holders. For a new employment pass with a QR code instead of an expiry date, you must provide a printout of the validity and expiry status which can be obtained with a free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play).
- Copy of an inbound and outbound tickets to Japan (that include the the airline 6-letter booking reference) showing that the applicant is departing from and terminating in Singapore. If you are applying for a double-entry visa, you will need to submit a copy of the flight itinerary showing 2 round trips to Japan within the next 6 months.
- A supporting letter from the applicant’s employer or school/university (for students) in Singapore. Refer to the example of a school/company letter.
- For applicants travelling to Japan for non-official purposes (tourism), a bank statement showing the transactions for the last 3 months. The minimum amount required for a visa application is 3,000 SGD.
- For Russian passport holders and holders of passports of CIS countries, 2 completed application forms and 2 photographs are required.
- For a domestic helper’s’s visa, domestic helper has to apply in person at the consulate together with her employer.
- Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
If an applicant has a financial sponsor who is responsible for their stay in Japan, the following documents have to be submitted:
- Letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of relationship (marriage/birth certificate).
- Other requirements of sponsor (a sponsor should submit a copy of the last month’s bank statement, copy of their passport and a residence card).
- Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Delivery of your passport:
Do not have time to collect your passport? Let us save your time and money and deliver it to you for as low as SGD 10.00. Please, enquire at the time of submission or over the phone.