If an applicant has a valid visa to Japan in their old passport, with the remaining validity of more than 1 year, they can arrange a transfer of a visa to Japan to their new passport.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. You must have at least two empty pages in your passport for stamping the visa.
- Original old passport with the applied visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for non-Singaporean passport holders (EP, PEP, PR, DP, S-Pass). PR holders must also present a Re-entry Permit. If you are a holder of a new type of long-term employment pass which shows a QR code instead of an expiry date you must provide a printout of the expiry status. You can get it via the Ministry of Manpower’s free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play). This printout must show the current date and confirm that the work pass is valid.
- Completed Visa transfer form.
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
* Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Fees for a transfer a visa to Japan:
- The consulate fee of the Japanese Consulate is free of charge;
- Our processing fee is 68 SGD.
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
- Normally, visa processing takes 5 working days after lodgement of the documents to the Consulate.
Urgent or express service is not available.