A transit visa to Russia is granted when a passenger needs to travel through Russia, where their final destination is outside of Russia.
The transit visa can be issued for a single or double entry. It allows staying in Russia for a maximum period of 3 days if travelling by air or 10 days if travelling by land.
Double-entry visa is granted only if you are leaving Russia for the neighbouring (bordering) country.
If you have a connecting flight at the same terminal within 24 hours (e.g. Singapore – Moscow – Houston by SQ) and are staying in the transit zone, no visa is required. This transit visa waiver is not applied to passengers travelling to the Republic of Belarus or the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Required documents for a transit visa to Russia:
Complete the online visa form.
After you have printed the application form out, amendments by hand are not allowed. That is why it’s very important to write down your application ID and answer/password to a secret question, to be able to log into the system and make changes in your form if required later.
- Original passport with the 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa. You must have at least 2 empty pages in your passport.
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- Original and a copy of a residence permit for non-Singaporean passport holders (EP, PEP, PR, DP, S-Pass) or the IMM27E (disembarkation) card for eligible nationalities. The residence permit can be returned the next day after lodging the documents.
- For Nationals of European Union Member States, China, Iran and Israel, travel insurance covering Russia, which is valid for the whole period of stay in Russia (original and copy).
- Confirmed reservation of travel to Russia as well as from Russia to the final destination / next connecting point.
- Copy of a visa to the third country if required.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
* An online application form can be completed in our office with the professional assistance of our consultant; this would help to avoid any mistakes and to ensure smooth visa processing. An additional surcharge of 23 SGD will apply in this case.
* Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Fees for a transit visa to Russia:
* All fees and charges are subject to prevailing GST.
- Normal service is 7 working days excluding the submission day (if submitted on Monday, collection is on Monday following week).
- Urgent service is 4 working days excluding the submission day (if submitted on Monday, collection is on Wednesday or Thursday).
- For the nationals of USA, the processing time is 13 working days excluding the submission day.
If you are travelling urgently and you do not have 3 days, email us on [email protected], we will try our best to help you to get your visa in time.
Passengers of cruise vessels
Please be advised that registered passengers of cruise vessels going offshore at Russian seaports enjoy a visa waiver for 72 hours if:
- The cruise vessel stays in a Russian port for less than 72 hours.
- Passengers stay overnight on board the ship.
- Passengers disembark with an organised tour group.
- Passengers have a valid passport and a tour ticket.