Required documents for a transit visa to Japan
- Completed Japanese visa application form. Refer to the Japanese visa application guide on how to complete the form in accordance with requirements of the Embassy of Japan.
- 1 recent passport-size colour photograph on a white background – can be arranged in our office.
- For Russian and CIS passport holders, 2 completed application forms and 2 photographs.
- Original passport with at least 6 months’ validity beyond the validity of the visa and with two empty pages for stamping the visa.
- Copy of a Residence permit for EP, PR, DP and S-Pass holders or a copy of a landing card for short-term visitors (less than 90 days) to Singapore or Re-entry Permit for PR holders. For a new employment pass with a QR code instead of an expiry date, you must provide a printout of the validity and expiry status which can be obtained with a free SGWorkPass app (available on App Store and Google Play).
- A school/company letter.
- For applicants travelling to Japan for non-official purposes (tourism), a bank statement showing the transactions for the last month. The minimum amount required for a visa application is 3,000 SGD.
- Copy of an inbound and outbound tickets to/from Japan (that include the the airline 6-letter booking reference) showing that the applicant is departing from and terminating in Singapore. If you are applying for a double-entry visa, you will need to submit a copy of the flight itinerary showing 2 round trips to Japan within the next 6 months.
- Visa confirmation to the 3rd country of to the final destination (if applicable).
- Authorisation letter.
- Completed and signed Global Singapore visa order form.
If an applicant has a financial sponsor who is responsible for their stay in Japan, the following documents have to be submitted:
- Letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of relationship (marriage/birth certificate).
- Other requirements of sponsor (a sponsor should submit a copy of the last month’s bank statement, copy of their passport and a residence card).
- Should you require to print any of the required documents in our office, please note that an additional charge will be applied.
Delivery of your passport:
Do not have time to collect your passport? Let us save your time and money and deliver it to you for as low as SGD 10.00. Please, enquire at the time of submission or over the phone.