Malaysian visa on arrival (VOA)
The Government of Malaysia has introduced Visa On Arrival (VOA) for citizens of the People’s Republic of China and Republic of India visiting Malaysia arriving from a third country which is Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia. Visa will be valid maximum up to 7 days.
The following criteria need to be fulfilled:
- They have to come from a third country namely, Singapore and Thailand, and have a valid visa from those countries.
The travellers can only apply for VOA at this land checkpoints:
- Tuas Check Point (travelling by car).
The travellers can only apply for VOA at these air checkpoints:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA/KLIA2);
- Penang International Airport;
- Sultan Ismail Airport, Senai, Johor Bahru;
- Kota Kinabalu Airport, Sabah;
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak;
- Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar, Tanjung Kupang, Johor.
- Priority will be given to groups or family tourists, businessmen or investors;
- VOA fee is USD 100 per person;
- Duration of stay is 7 days for each entry with no extension;
- Travellers must have a confirmed return ticket;
- Travellers must carry USD 1000 in cash.