The Government of Malaysia has introduced Visa On Arrival (VOA) for citizens of the People’s Republic of China and Republic of India visiting Malaysia arriving from a third country which is Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia. Visa will be valid maximum up to 7 days.
The following criteria need to be fulfilled:
- They have to come from a third country namely, Singapore and Thailand, and have a valid visa from those countries.
The travellers can only apply for VOA at this land checkpoints:
- Tuas Check Point (travelling by car).
The travellers can only apply for VOA at these air checkpoints:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA/KLIA2);
- Penang International Airport;
- Sultan Ismail Airport, Senai, Johor Bahru;
- Kota Kinabalu Airport, Sabah;
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak;
- Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar, Tanjung Kupang, Johor.
- Priority will be given to groups or family tourists, businessmen or investors;
- VOA fee is USD 100 per person;
- Duration of stay is 7 days for each entry with no extension;
- Travellers must have a confirmed return ticket;
- Travellers must carry USD 1000 in cash.